Saturday, July 07, 2007

Home Truths

This week I was sent two fantastic albums. One, by a Cameroonian bass player called Etienne Mbappe and the other by a group from the UK called Lau, a folk group of epic proportions that anyone with an interest in cool rocky guitary-violiny stuff (I am not a person who knows anything about this so-called folk stuff) should invest in. It's just really interesting to listen to, isn't boring and samey, the guy has a gorgeous husky voice, and it sounds like home.

Other than that, a morning with Omar the tailor making another iPod cover and bringing the third person into the Senegalese Patchwork Co-operative, the guy who's going to fit together the 165 pieces for the wedding present. Omar was tired, having not slept much, and I was making him work hard, presse to get to my breakfast meeting. I sat, sweating in his sweat shop, fanning myself and giving orders, and thought, what nicer way is there to spend a saturday morning now that Home Truths is off the air?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    Hello!! My name is Rose Skelton too! lol. I had no idea there was another.

    ReplyDelete