Thursday, May 31, 2007

Saying goodbye to an old friend



For much of my childhood and most of my adult life, there's been an old friend in it. I'm not a dog person but I grew up with Pippa, and she was, for a dog, amusing and friendly. She died early this year and the powers that be waited until I was back in England before we scattered her (small) remains somewhere peaceful.



This was her favourite beach.

While we were in the neighbourhood, we took a visit to a place where we used to go as kids, Dungeoness. Such a gloomy name and with a dis-used nuclear power station hovering over the pebbly beach, almost a gloomy place. But not quite. We had fish and chips in the Railway Cafe, which is, thankfully, just as it used to be (except with the addition of plastic flowers on the plastic table cloths), and we ventured, in true British form, to the beach for just long enough to know that it was way too cold too hang around.

No comments:

Post a Comment