Monday, March 12, 2007

New Home!



Back from the Sahara, feeling better for my camel milk, but disturbed to find out that perhaps my illness was brought on not by some hard-core desert bacteria, but by the air-conditioning.

There have been requests for pictures of my new flat. It's hard to take photos inside, I discover, especially every time I step back I knock into a wall or door.

The living room, also the bedroom, also the sewing room, looking out to balcony number one.



The famous sewing table, complete with diamante-studded bobbin-drawer knob.



Bookshelves, and Rama, Mave and Aminata, the three African ladies of the house. Beware, wrong-doers.



And some old-school draining-board action.



Here's our favourite neighbour Zal, making the cathedral look rather peaky,



And favourite neighbour number 2, Cecilia, organising a first-day-in-new-home lunch.



Happy as a bee...

1 comment:

  1. Darling Rose, it has been such a long time since I checked in with you. I am so sorry to find you have been ill - but thrilled that camel milk has been of some help at least ;)

    Your new place looks so lovely... I'm loving the tiles, the cushions and the view.

    It has been a long time that you have been living in Africa now. I have a strong desire to come and visit you! It won't be for a while, alas, as I am at school in San Diego until September. But perhaps after then.

    Happy birthday too, belated wishes for you. And if you're worrying about not being settled with man etc at 28... just wait til your almost 32 and in the same boat!!! Enjoy the freedom, independence and intelligence of the single life.

    Much love and many blessings for you. Get well soon!!!

    Love, Miranda xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete