Monday, January 22, 2007

The end of the patchwork project

I'm going to get my life back! I have finished the patchwork quilt and I can now dedicate myself to other causes, like reposing upon it.





I hope you will all agree that it is beeeeeautiful.

I have made other plans for other patchwork quilts, but you're all going to have to wait. I don't want to see a bobbin for quite some time. Which is a shame, because Ablaye has made me the loveliest sewing machine table, complete with diamante studded drawer handle. I'll post a picture of that next time.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:07 PM

    What a fantastic patchwork. I am most impressed. It was lovely to meet you and thanks for lunch I hope to be able to return the compliment. Julias Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:35 AM

    Rosie, as if your life wasn't colourful enough - now this blaze of colour will be with you always to cheer you up if you get blue...!

    Hope all is well,
    keep bloggin!
    love
    Jessica
    London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Rose,

    The patchwork is very beautiful and it will tell you stories of this magic and colorful time that you are living in Senegal through the years...
    Take care of yourself!

    Elena
    N.J. USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Dear Rose, it looks fab, I am very impressed, I wish I had kept my full length patchwork waistcoat from the 70s....
    Patch em up !!!!!

    ReplyDelete